Plastic pollution has reached enormous scales in the world and is raising concerns among the general public. As a result, modern science is directing its efforts towards finding more sustainable solutions. Bioplastics, as one of the current trends, are getting more attention. There are several areas, in which the production of bioplastics is applied, and packaging if one of the most significant market segments. This webinar will focus on the application of bioplastics for packaging solutions, particularly in the food sector.
Tetiana Pavlenko: Researcher associate in the University of Hohenheim, dealing with precision agriculture, sustainable practices, food systems, bioplastics, and innovative packaging technologies.
Denise Gider: Project manager at ECOZEPT and responsible for projects on the circular economy.
Zsófia Kertész: Development engineer at Campden BRI Hungary.
Jose Maria (Chema) LAGARON: Group Leader and Founder of the group Novel Materials and Nanotechnology at IATA-CSIC.
Anyone with interest in bioplastics food packaging sector is invited to join us to hear everything you need to know about:
- Last trends on the market of bioplastics with a stronger focus on Europe
- Market competitiveness of innovative packaging
- Market barriers that influence the development of bioplastics on the whole value chain and ways to overcome them
- Application of bioplastics packaging in the food industry: overview and projections
- Perception of bioplastic packaging by the industry and factors determining its diffusion (e.g. regarding relative advantage, compatibility, complexity, trialability & observability)
- Recommendations for stakeholders in the food packaging sector to align with the common goal of ending plastic pollution.
To participate, please register here.